Pink Silk II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pink Silk II

Welcome to Pink Silk! <3

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Amulet of Tenebrae

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TaviBee
Admin

The Amulet of Tenebrae Empty
PostSubject: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 1:07 am

It was mid autumn, the colours of fall were all around in the country side. Kendra Lennox and her mother were on their way out to the Igven Estate, the former property of Uncle Terrence Igven, who passed away not long ago. They were recently visited by the family solicitor to be told of the will and testament that Terrence left only naming his sister and his niece's names. Mainly Kendra was mentioned to receive all his valuables and they were meeting the solicitor at the manor to finish things up. They had been driving hours from the big city, the radio playing the usual popular songs but the ones you got sick of hearing right away. It was a winding road, and they and been driving since 6am, it was now close to 9am and they had barely any time to have breakfast before leaving.

"You awake there Kendra?" asked her mother, "Could you grab me one of the protein bars from the bag honey?" he mother requested.

"How are you feeling Baby? I know you just LOVE the morning time." she chuckled.

Last edited by TaviBee on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Kendra yawned and raised her head up from its place nestles on her seatbelt when her mother shook her gently.

"Mmm...mommy?" She said looking at her and getting a nasty blast of sunlight in her face as they rounded a corner. "Are we almost there?" She asked with a sleepy voice.
Back to top Go down
http://pinksilk-ii.forumotion.net
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 10:55 pm

"The GPS says we're about twenty minutes away, so soon." she smiled. "Could you grab me a protein bar honey?" she asked her daughter again.

"You should eat one too Kendra." she suggested.
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 1:14 am

Kendra yawned again and took two protein bars out of the bag on the floor between her legs. She unwrapped one and gave it to her mother. "Here you go."

Kendra was not at all thrilled about this trip. She wondered why her uncle, whom she only met a handful of times in her life, wanted to leave his estate and his remaining belonging to her. Why not his sister or someone else closer to him?

"Mama, why would Uncle Terrance want to leave me his estate? I barely know him." She said taking a bite of the protein and retching at the chalky taste it left in her mouth.
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 1:23 am

Her mother took the bar, "Thank you, my darling." she smiled and took a bite, still driving the road, the GPS spoke about taking a left turn in a couple metres. Since was coming up and she turned onto a dirt road that was fenced by large and beautiful trees that were lined all the way along the road.

"I am not sure either Honey. Your uncle...was a little odd and he never explained anything he did." she said, "But I knew he adored you and any updates about you he was happy to hear about. And he did always send you lovely birthday gifts. Remember last year? He sent you a beautiful pair of earrings from a trip to Spain." she smiled.

"Oh come now, they're not that bad." her mum said.

Last edited by TaviBee on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 9:42 pm

Kendra choked down her protein bar and took out the earrings her mother spoke of. She kept them in the soft velvet box that her uncle sent them in.

"Well, if he was so fond of me then why didn't he visit more often?" She said trying to understand the situation.
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 9:55 pm

"He...was eccentric my dear, its hard to explain anything he did." her mother sighed, "But he always thought of you."

They were reaching up to the estate, seeing the iron gates, which opened up automatically with motion detectors. There before them was a HUGE victorian styled mansion with matching garden and fountains, beautiful rose bushes and lilies lining the edges of the beds and around the fruit trees.

Teresa parked the car, they spotted another car parked. Then their solicitor came out of the other car to meet them. "Hello, glad you could make it." he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 10:06 pm

"Mom, you have been saying that my entire life. When are you going to just tell me the truth?" She sighed and looked out the window pouting a bit.

After what seemed like forever, they finally made it to her uncles mansion. She had heard it was huge, but she didn't think it was THAT huge. She was amazed. "Wow...it's beautiful." She said admiring its old style and beautiful gardens.

Kendra couldn't wait to get out of the car and just stand up and stretch. They had been crammed in that car forever without any stops. She got out and closed her door. The solicitor was already there. She nodded to him and turned her attention back to the mansion. There was something weird about it.
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 10:12 pm

"I'm telling you the truth baby. Your uncle didn't talk to me a lot either. Its been that way since before you were born." she said, "A LONG time. But for now, we're here and we've got things to do." she said.

"Welcome Mrs and Miss Lennox, To Igven Manor." smiled their solicitor. "Shall we head inside?" he asked.

Last edited by TaviBee on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 10:54 pm

"This place gives me a weird feeling..." She said. Still, she followed the solicitor in along with her mother. It was old but very well kept. The furniture had been covered with sheets as well as the portraits on the walls. She forgot to put the earrings back and just stuffed them in her cross body bag that hung at her side.

Kendra looked up and saw the high ceilings. It seemed to stretch and go one endlessly. A tall staircase was to the left of the entrance and led upstairs. It was dark and cold inside especially at the top of the stairs. "How long has it been since someone lived in here?" She asked the solicitor.
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 10:59 pm

"Since Your uncle died....from what was found, he only used a couple rooms since he was the only one living here." said The solicitor, "So the rest of the rooms were covered and closed. But in the will, it says you have access to ALL the room to the manor as you desire."

"There's a ball room, a beautiful victorian kitchen, but with electrical appliances and oven. A grand master bedroom and about 8 guest rooms, a balcony attached to the master bedroom suite that looks out on the back garden and an indoor pool." he listed.

"If you would like, you can look about and see before I head on, but the condition before making a choice to sell, is that you stay in the manor for a week on your own." he reminded.

Last edited by TaviBee on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 11:24 pm

Kendra's eyes went wide and she laughed thinking he was joking. When the solicitor didn't laugh back, she realized he was serious.

"Well, not only was my uncle aloof, he was also senile. He seriously expects me to stay here alone for an entire week?" She said showing a bit of an attitude. "There is no way I am staying in this place for a week. Just go ahead and sell the place. I don't care."
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 11:26 pm

"He was in sound mind when he came to me Miss Lennox, he made it a serious matter than you are alone when you stay here." he said, "And I'm afraid I have to honour the will." he added.

You are not the owner until you've spent a week on these grounds." he was adamant in keeping to the job.
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 11:29 pm

"This is insane! Mother, you can't be serious about me doing this?" She said looking to her mother for help.
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 11:35 pm

"if that's what it says in the will Honey its what needs to be done." she said.

"Its only a week. You've plenty to explore on the estate." she added, "Also, there is a ground man and a housekeeper who are returning tomorrow to help you with anything you need, So you won't be totally alone." said the Solicitor.
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 11:43 pm

Kendra huffed and shook her head, "Well then, I guess I have no choice...when is the soonest I can get out of here?" She said looking at the solicitor. She couldn't wrap her mind around what was going on. Still, it would give her the opportunity to snoop around and try to learn more about her mysterious uncle.
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 11:51 pm

"You start tonight and You'll be done by sunday." he said, "There is a full fresh stock supply larder and garden with fresh vegetable garden available to you." He handed her the key to the front door.

"The groundskeeper and housekeeper will be in before lunchtime tomorrow." he added.

"Just a week baby. Then I'll be here on sunday and that will be all." her mum added.

Last edited by TaviBee on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 6:22 pm

Kendra looked at her mother and felt almost betrayed. She sighed and nodded softly, taking the key in hand. "Alright...I'll do it. One week, but that is all. Then the house is to be sold." She said. "I'll go get the rest of my things..." She walked out the large creaky door to go back to the car.
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Once her bags were in the manor her mum hugged her, "I'll see you sunday baby." she smiled, "Take care and have fun looking around okay?" she kissed her her cheek and headed on to the car, "Bye Kendra."

Once her mum and the solicitor drove off, the manor was quiet but...had an odd feeling of...NOT empty. Like there someone around...not like a ghost but...something.
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 2:17 am

Kendra hugged her mom goodbye very tight, "Bye mom. I'll call you later tonight." She waved goodbye to her mother as she and the solicitor left out the front door. There was an eerie quietness about the mansion now, but she felt as if she wasn't truly alone.

"Well, first things first. I need to take my things upstairs and find a place to sleep." She gathered her suitcase and other things and walked over to the bottom of the tall staircase. She took a deep breath and started to make her way upstairs. The stairs creaked as she walked filling the whole mansion with noise.
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 2:45 am

Once reaching the top of the stairs, there were two hallways going east and west. The east wing had many doors, so it would most likely to be the guest and bedroom wing side of the manor. But oddly enough the END door at the end of the east wing was open slightly and a light was flicking inside it.
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 2:52 am

Kendra reached the top of the stairs and found herself at a crossroads between two hallways. The hallway that led to the west caught her eye when she saw a light flicker in the door at the very end that was left cracked slightly.

"What in the world is that?" She walked slowly toward the door at the end of the hall and kicked it open with her foot. She entered and dropped her things on the floor. It was a HUGE bedroom that appeared less dusty than the rest of the house. "Hmm, this must have been my uncles room..."
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 2:56 am

The bed was made and clean and there were photos of her mum and family WAY before Kendra was born, some of her uncle and her mum when they were Her age, at the beach and on holiday, in school uniform and what not.

And there were picures of her and her mum, all the photos of her over the years.

Last edited by TaviBee on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Protector-of-Dreams
Admin
Protector-of-Dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 3:01 am

Kendra walked about the room and looked at the pictures on the wall and the desk. She recognized her mom in several of them, she looked a lot like her at that age. Then a picture of her mom and uncle together caught her eye. She picked it up and looked at it closely. It was a photo of them two of them a little while before she was born. The photo looked like it was taken in the mansion. In the background, she could faintly see an amulet sitting on a tall display. Something about it looked very familiar.
Back to top Go down
TaviBee
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 3:04 am

It was sitting in a necklace box but it was wide open for anyone to look at, it was made of pewter silver and had...two rectangular shaped indents inside the circle, like, two pieces of the amulet was missing or what not, but the shapes looked VERY familiar indeed. Looking to the same spot as in the photo was the same box as the Amulet in the image.

Then the wind blew opened the windows and a few papers flew off the table and at Kendra's feet.

Last edited by TaviBee on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amulet of Tenebrae   The Amulet of Tenebrae I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Amulet of Tenebrae
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next